Well, I'm back from GayRomLit and had a blast. I met so many wonderful people that I wanted to bring home and keep forever, but the trailer just isn't that big, ya know? Maybe I should think about getting a doublewide.
Anyhoo, I'll be adding details as the week progresses, but I learned some very important facts during the con:
1) I'd happily pay Anel Viz good money to read to me.
2) The best place in the whole wide world to be is in a group hug with GayRomLit folks.
3) GayRomLit folks are into group hugs.
4) There's folks out there as crazy about Adam Lambert as I am and they better call me the next time they go to a concert.
5) There are a lot of people in this genre, writers, readers, and reveiwers, who totally rock.
6) P.D. Singer and I should not be allowed to venture out on our own without a guide. We took a lot of scenic routes.
7) I really shouldn't ingest massive amounts of powdered sugar early in the morning if I hope to be capable of shutting up by noon.
8) True to his promise, the chocolate chip mint drink really did make the bartender look better.
9) A gay romance literature convention is not a good place to score if you're a woman. Especially if you're now considered a regular at three separate gay bars.
10) I love gay bars.
11) The packages in the little baskets at gay bars are not peanuts.
12) The motormouth of the south is incapable of coherent speech within ten feet of Damon Suede. Mom wishes he were our neighbor when I was a kid. I can't come close to his energy level even when OD'd on beignets.
13) I haven't lost my inner fangirl, and can still squee with the best of them, though at my age it's not very pretty.
14) When an author vaults the table at a book signing to squee, "Oh my God, it's ____" at a reader, it has a tendency to frighten the reader.
15) When attending GayRomLit, you'll need to make arrangements beforehand to ship your massive amounts of purchased books home.
16) Neriah and Pam are fabulous roomates.
17) Michele, Librarian Kate, Aurora, Nikyta, Heather, Amy, Will, Chris, Krys, Blackraven, Jeff, Angela, Laura, Kassa, Jo, Belinda, M.L. .... oh heck, a WHOLE LOT of people I met are unbelievably awesome!
18) D.H. Starr is freaking adorable.
19) John from Texas has his own fan club and I wanna be president of it.
20) Leaving Bourbon Street and returning to Possum Kingdom may be the world's ultimate culture shock. I may need therapy.
21) I can drink more than I thought I could.
22) If you've passed the same landmark three times in a row, it's best to admit you're vodkally challenged and ask for directions.
23) You will see some weird-a--ed sh-- on Bourbon Street.
24) When someone hands you an autograph book, they generaly intend for you to sign the whole page. It's not like a group birthday card when you gotta write real tiny in one corner to allow twenty-some-odd other people to sign.
25) Book readings and jackhammers are not good combinations. Neither are foods fried in a lot of butter and alchoholic beverages.
26) Somewhere out there is a really cute guy named Jason, and I wish I had a brother like Trey. Sis, you are lucky. But then so is Trey.
27) If I were still a kid I'd wanna grow up to be M.L Rhodes.
28) Angela Benedetti is always always happy. Always.
29) Carry disks of your free reads around at all times when at GayRomLit. You never know when you'll get an opportunity to gain a new reader.
30) Before allowing pictures or videos to be taken after you have a few, it's best to have an agreement in place for the picture taker not to post on YouTube or Facebook.
Tune in next time when I offer photographic evidence of most of the above.